Autumn Term 1 Dosbarth Oren
Here is some information about our new topic and for the first half term of this academic year.
In this project the children will learn:
- To use geographical skills and vocabulary when finding information about destinations;
- About the climate, geographical features and location of a number of holiday destinations;
- How to use maths skills in other areas of their work;
- What life is like for people who live in the destinations studied, and how this might contrast with the experiences of a tourist;
- To locate places on maps, atlases and globes with accuracy, and to calculate distances between destinations and their homes;
- How to present information visually.
Guided reading activities will be carried out each afternoon after dinner. Please ensure your child has their book bag in school every day so that they can read as often as possible.
Homework will be sent home every Friday and will be expected back in school on a Wednesday.
Tests will take place on a Friday afternoon. Please help your child to learn their spellings at home.
- The children will be doing PE on Mondays and Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and that all items are clearly labelled in a suitable bag. We will be outside during some of our PE sessions, so your child will need suitable outdoor clothing and footwear (trainers or daps).
- Any letters or reply slips, which need to be returned, can be put in your child’s book bag. The children are encouraged to check them each morning and give things in.
- The children are encouraged to have their own water bottle to keep in class, which they can access throughout the day. Please make sure your child’s name is written clearly on their water bottle.
Please remember that if you have any questions or queries I am more than happy to help so please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs J Jones follow me on twitter @Mrs_JoCwmf